In 2019, Ohio State began to implement a university-wide Shared Values Initiative. The Shared Values Initiative reminds us of the values that we share as a university community and our shared commitment to those values.
As an engaged university, we are dedicated to:
- Integrating meaningful partnerships as a framework for engagement to foster a university-wide culture of collaboration and engaged scholarship;
- Fostering a climate of trust, respect, transparency and inclusivity to deepen meaningful partnerships among the university and its communities;
- Providing an environment that encourages students, faculty and staff to examine diverse issues with community partners;
- Recognizing engaged scholarship in the promotion and tenure process, and in faculty and staff annual reviews, to enhance the institution's academic excellence;
- Providing students with community-engaged experiences to prepare them to be engaged citizens and leaders both as students and as alumni.